Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Busted Glass Tube

About a month ago I had ordered a 28mm glass tube from eBay so that I could make myself a thimble for the soxhlet (the plastic one I was using dissolved in the acetic acid I was using). However, this particular seller was two weeks late in mailing it, and when it did finally arrive, the packaging was so horrible (was merely a cardboard tube, no padding) that the tube had shattered into a million pieces long ago. I was going to use this for my work on the Fire Stone, however it looks like that's even further delayed because of this.
There is a bright side: I recently found a glassblowing shop right in my neighbourhood (it wasn't there earlier, just seemed to pop out of nowhere). So tomorrow, having the day off, I will pay them a visit and see if they have what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment