Saturday, February 27, 2010

Getting into Glassblowing

I'm in the process of ordering glassblowing equipment including a torch, hoses, and work area equipment. I intend on making much of my own lab equipment this way, including philosophical Eggs (see a previous post on my failed attempts at this - inadequate equipment), condensers, circulatory vessels, and maybe even learn to make retorts. I might also play around with glass art, like flowers, animals, etc, of an alchemical nature/motif. All this equipment will be bought from sundanceart.com, a company based in California. I just hope I don't torch my house - I've had some good luck so far with the regular propane torch in not burning anything, including myself. A small torch like that is very limiting though. I'll post pictures and such as I progress in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment